PDL Opens “Appointment Only” Covid-19 Testing Site
Please feel free to call the PDL Client Service Center with any questions: 805-879-8100.
In order to increase COVID-19 testing access for symptomatic individuals in the community, Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories (PDL) has established a designated location for COVID-19 testing of patients with provider referral. The site is located in the Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital parking lot. Below are details for accessing this testing:
- Testing will be done by appointment only. Patients must receive a referral from their health care provider (physician or nurse practitioner).
- No walk-in patients will be accepted, and patients must have an order for the test before arriving at the PDL testing site.
- The testing site will be a PDL tent in the Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital parking lot (351 S. Patterson Ave., near the ED). Patients with appointments for COVID-19 testing should arrive at this outdoor site only. No other PDL locations will currently be offering testing.
- Patients must wear a facemask to the testing site. In accordance with Santa Barbara County Public Health Department requirements, the patient and patient’s household members are required to isolate until a negative test result is received.
- Expected turnaround time for results is 24-72 hours. Patients who test positive will be notified by their primary care physician.