Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories offers an extensive in house testing menu at our state of the art laboratory in Santa Barbara, California.
For Medical Professionals
ALERT: Effective March 10, 2020, PDL is offering the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), NAA test through LabCorp, our primary reference lab. This test is intended for use in the detection of SARS-CoV-2 to assist in the diagnosis of COVID-2019 infections.
This test is orderable through PDL using Order Code: LAB10716. Please refer to the Client Notice Client Notice COVID-19 and Client Notice COVID-19 FAQ for additional information including specimen requirements. Specimen requirements are also available in our online test catalog.
- PDL does NOT offer any collection services for this testing.
- DO NOT direct suspect COVID-19 patients to a Patient Service Center.
- Contact PDL dispatch for pickup from provider office if routine pickup is not already scheduled.
Information is available online:
SB County Public Health: https://www.countyofsb.org/phd/dcp/novel-corona-virus.sbc
SLO County Public Health: https://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Departments/Health-Agency/Public-Health.aspx
Ventura County Public Health: https://www.ventura.org/covid19/
Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
Cottage Health: https://www.cottagehealth.org/about/newsroom/2020/coronavirus-covid-19/
Quickly access online tools, guides and forms:
Log in to review ordering activity, view invoices, make payments, complete missing information requests or to contact us about your bill.
PDL offers a number of options for streamlining electronic workflows.
- Forms: Access to forms for supply orders, add on requests, standing orders and more.
- Guides: Guides for Microbiology culture work-up as well as antibiograms are available.
- Resources: PDL STAT list and PDL Updates.
- Tool allows for look-up of:
ICD 9-ICD 10 code
- ICD 10 code by keyword search
- Medical necessity check of a specific lab test to the ICD 10 code
Access your patient test results 24/7 or place new orders through PDL CONNECT portal.
PDL offers a Time of Service price discount program for uninsured patients. Contact your sales representative for more information.